In the spirit of the technological age we live in and the excessive blogging of those whom I associate myself with, I hereby announce my entrance (or return, depending on how you look at it) into the blog-tastic world. I cannot promise incredibly witty posts, or even interesting ones, but I can promise some insight into my world and how I view it.
In the spirit of conforming – nay, copying – I’m going to start this process with JoRo’s last post as my inspiration. In other words, here are some completely random and possibly incriminating facts about myself (some of which will probably reveal my true OCD nature):
– Like JoRo, I (along with the rest of my HRBC Youth Choir compadres) was unwittingly part of the first live nationally-televised homosexual kiss. Al Roker and Matt Laur probably hold a not-so-special place in their hearts for us now.
– When eating small colored candies (i.e. M&M’s, skittles, etc.) I dump out the entire bag and separate the pieces by color and then put them in rows according to which color I like the best. It’s true. Ask Coleman or Suzanne.
– I grew up thinking everyone had seen “Pillow Talk” and “White Christmas,” as they were both integral parts of my childhood. It was a sad day when I realized not everyone knew the fabulousness of Rock Hudson and Danny Kay.
– Standing 5’9” I am the shortest person in my immediate family. In fact, my brother is a whopping 6’8”.
– My folders and notebooks for classes are coordinating colors. Doesn’t everybody do that?
– I truly believe Diet Coke w/ Lime is without a doubt the most ingenious invention of this millenium.
– Lindsay is my mother’s maiden name. And you do not pronounce my name LindSAY unless you want a broken leg.
– I am the only person in my family with blonde hair, blue eyes, and fair skin with freckles. I always used to tease my brother and sister about being adopted, but now I think I may have gotten that backwards.
– I can sing the entire theme song to both “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” and “Saved by the Bell.” It would be a neat party trick if I went to parties.
– My car is named Vern the Volkswagen and Bob the Hula Girl lives on his dash. They love eachother.
– Ebonics does not bother me because of the race of people it is associated with; it bothers me because of the mass amount of grammatical errors that are involved.
– I have a “Yes” list which includes Johnathan Rice and Howie Day. Apparently it’s shocking to some people that I have a “Yes” list. If you don’t know what this is, let me know.
– I have been the following: Drill Team Squad Leader (yes, I could do the jump splits in a short sequined skirt) and Homecoming Queen Nominee. If you know me at all, you know what an anomaly both of these are.
And finally, “women’s liber” is the term most often used to describe me when I go home.
If these few random facts haven’t scared you off or bored you to tears, come back sometime and see if I have anything of importance to say. Maybe my next post will even be relevant to real life. Who knows?