Is taking an idea from another blog plagarism? Because that goes against my English major ethics. Nevertheless, I’ve seen several people posting on favorite music and meaningful songs, so I’m passing the baton to myself – mostly because I can’t think of anything else to write.
Amount of Music On My Computer:
5.76 GB, a good chunk of that being outdated Christian music from my Jr. High years. I’m pretty sure those were the only cd’s I bought in those days. Remember when DC Talk was “all that and a bag of chips”?
Currently Listening To:
X&Y – Coldplay and In Your Honor – Foo Fighters
*Both of these cd’s are fantastic. Coldplay is always a good choice, no matter what. This latest Foo Fighters cd is a double disc, so even if you aren’t into the harder stuff (listen to “Best of You” anyway) the second disc is all acoustic and very beautiful … just like Dave Grohl.
Five Songs That Mean A Lot To You:
1. “Wonderwall” – Oasis
* I just love this song. And I love it when Ryan Adams sings it too. (Speaking of Ryan Adams, have you listened to Cold Roses yet? Do it.)
2. “Romeo and Juliet” – Dire Straits (covered by Monte Montgomery)
* I commend Dire Straights for writing an excellent song, but Monte’s cover is amazing. The intricate guitar work makes the song that much more poignant and beautiful. Plus, the song has one of my favorite lyrics ever (superlative intended): “You and me babe, how ’bout it?” Sigh.
3. “Benioff” – Ethan Durelle
* This is one of those songs that just grabs me right from the beginning. I love the lyrics, the guitar chords, and the boys who wrote this song. All amazing.
4. “Never Going Back Again” – Fleetwood Mac
* A kind of anthem for a portion of my life. You should listen.
5. “Tear Me in Two” – Stroke 9
* The entire Stroke 9 cd is the soundtrack to my first trip to Europe. When I hear this song, I see the Scottish countryside and the streets of London.
Top Five Albums (In no particular order):
1. Love is Hell – Ryan Adams
2. X&Y – Coldplay
3. Nasty Little Thoughts – Stroke 9
4. Bleed American – Jimmy Eat World
5. Journey’s Greatest Hits – Journey
Last Album Bought:
In Your Honor – Foo Fighters
Recent Musical Discovery:
Eva Cassidy; if you haven’t heard her rendition of “Fields of Gold” you need to. She has a beautiful voice and a knack for making songs her own.
I’ll tag anyone who cares to join in on the fun. That way you won’t be a plagarizing criminal like myself.