In Progress? August 31, 2008
Now that I’m back in Waco and getting into the groove of living in a new house, yet again … here’s some of the things I’m considering actually taking the time to blog about:
– Still living in Waco and my feelings concerning that fact of my life
– New friends, old friends, and the balance in between
– That whole “feminist” thing, and some of its consequences
– My new (and unexpected) job with the government
– Something else RAD
I’m taking votes, so cast them soon. Otherwise, I’ll just write about whatever I want. I might just do that anyway … but still vote.
Coming Soon … August 13, 2008
Dear readers, I apologize for this extended absence … there’s really no good excuse for it. I’m planning on writing a real post later tonight, but for now I’m going to go play in Federal Hill and enjoy being in Baltimore!
For now I leave you with this:
Reason #786 Life Is Not Fair July 17, 2008
See: Helen Mirren in a bikini.
The woman is 63 years old. In my wildest dreams I will never look that good in a bikini. Kudos, Helen Mirren. Kudos.
100 Things About Me (91-100) July 15, 2008
I know, I know. It’s been MONTHS since I posted the last ten of these, and I’m sure anyone who was interested is now … well, not. But I might as well finish what I started, so to my loyal three readers, here we go!
91. I wrote a paper my senior year of high school about the bironic heroes of Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights, and have been in love with both books ever since.
92. I graduated with my M.A. in Church-State Studies on May 17, 2008. Wahoo!!
93. I start my first real “grown-up” job on July 28th. I’m slightly terrified to no longer be in school.
94. The most listened to song on my iTunes playlist is Ryan Adams’ cover of “Wonderwall.”
95. I already have some of the chapter titles for my autobiography. You’ll have to buy it to find out what they are.
96. I won a reading award in kindergarten. It pretty much set the tone for the rest of my life.
97. To make my friends feel better when they’re down in the dumps, I buy trashy 99 cent Harlequin novels from Goodwill and read aloud from the best parts. And by best I mean the absolute raunchiest parts. It’s never failed to bring a smile to anyone’s face.
98. I still like coloring books.
99. My toenails are rarely painted any other color except for red.
100. One day, I’m going to change the world.
So there you have it. I promise I’ll do better to write more posts on this neglected blog. At least, I’ll try. Goodbye for now, dear readers!